Traditional Orthodontics and Metal Braces
There are many traditional orthodontic techniques that can help you or your child achieve a straight smile and proper bite. At True Dentistry, we are pleased to offer orthodontic care to patients of all ages, including kids, teens, and adults. After a full orthodontic evaluation, you will be educated about your unique case and the treatment choices that are available to you. Our goal is always to ensure you receive top-quality orthodontic care and achieve the beautiful smile you desire.
Benefits of Traditional Metal Braces
- Treatment with metal braces is typically the most cost-effective orthodontic option.
- Metal braces can be the most efficient option for correcting certain types of severe misalignment.
- Advancements in metal orthodontics have made modern brackets and wires more comfortable and aesthetically pleasing than models of the past.
- Metal braces are an alternative option for patients who may not be candidates for Invisalign® or clear braces.
- Orthodontic treatment with metal braces can be fully customized to meet each patient’s unique needs as treatment progresses.
Treatment with Metal Braces
The first phase of your orthodontic treatment begins with a consultation with one of our dentists. During this appointment, you will undergo a full dental examination and orthodontic analysis to assess the status of your bite and the nature of your tooth misalignment. Based on the results of your evaluation, our doctors can explain the type of malocclusion or misalignment they have discovered, which may include:
- Buck teeth (called overjets)
- Gaps between teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
- Misplaced midlines
In addition to metal braces, your dentist may also suggest lingual archwires to supplement your treatment and help guide teeth into proper alignment. In some cases, full braces may not be necessary, and partial treatment can provide adequate improvement. Depending upon your orthodontic needs and budget, your dentist will design a customized treatment plan that can deliver a proper bite and beautifully aligned teeth.
Cost of Metal Braces
Our fees are lower than most orthodontist offices in the area. If you are considering metal braces for you or members of your family, call us today to schedule a free consultation! Metal braces are typically the lowest-cost orthodontic option; however, the full price of treatment may be more than some patients feel comfortable paying for all at once. To make the cost of your braces more affordable, we offer several different payment and dental financing options. Our knowledgeable office staff can clearly explain the available options to you and help you determine the best way to handle the expense of your care.
For more information about metal braces or the other orthodontic options we offer, we encourage you to contact True Dentistry and schedule a consultation.