Introducing Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation®
Receding Gums Treatment with Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation® – Now Available at True Dentistry
Are you self-conscious about receding gums? In addition to having a cosmetic effect on your smile, exposed dental roots may lead to tooth decay and even tooth loss. It can also increase the likelihood of gum disease.
True Dentistry now offers the Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation®, also known as the Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST™), to renew your gums and give you a healthier smile. The procedure is minimally-invasive and uses your own gum tissue to rejuvenate the gums. Our cosmetic dentist, Dr. Joseph Willardsen, will use a small dental needle to create a tiny hole in the soft gum tissue along the treatment area. Then, a special tool is inserted into the hole to loosen the tissue and shift the position of the gum, covering the roots of the affected teeth. There is no major surgery involved and, unlike traditional gum grafting, you should not experience an extensive recovery time. Some of the benefits of Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation include:
- Minimally-invasive treatment – anesthesia isn’t necessary.
- There is only minimal recovery time necessary, typically only a few hours.
- It’s unlikely you will bleed or feel significant pain or discomfort during the treatment or recovery.
- No cutting, grafting, or suturing is required.
- Each tooth requires about 20 minutes to complete, so the treatment time is often short.
- Multiple teeth can be treated in one appointment.
Dr. Joseph Willardsen received special training on the Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation® process so he could offer this innovative and valuable procedure at True Dentistry. Gum recession is a very common problem, and we are excited to offer our patients this state-of-the-art, minimally-invasive treatment!
Contact True Dentistry
If you have questions about the Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation® procedure, or if you would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us today.